Sunday, February 23, 2020

Fisherman's Rib Infant Hat

My first try at a publishable pattern. It is based on the Shaker Knit Hat and Scarf Set in  Knitting With the Lights Off! by Billie Hall re-sized for newborns. After working my way through that highly recommended publication, I realized I still had to become super-comfortable with the lights ON my Passap E6000. I like to start off my Passap sessions with something simple to flex my poor memory before moving on to anything more complicated and my local hospital's maternity always accepts newborn hats.




Fisherman's Rib Infant Hat 02/23/2020         

Practice Emphasis: programming multiple patterns. It features a Passap signature knitting technique, the springy Fisherman's Rib, KT 104. I use this piece to awaken my Passap mind and muscle memory before moving on to anything larger, or more complex. 
Yarn: 2 strand 2/24 acrylic
Completed size: 10-1/2" by 6-1/2" stretching to fit full term infants, 14" circumference.
Disc tension: 4-1/2, or the setting that will cause your tension wire to pull up a hands breadth above the tension arm after threading. 

Go through the chart twice. Use the first two columns to program the console, then use the information across all five columns to create the piece.

Programming & Action
Setting
Notes
Stitch Size
# of Rows
Total Row Count
Cast On
2 Tubular cast-on for Knit/Knit pg.134
Skip strippers, insert weighted cast on comb after first row.
4-3/4
4
4
St. Pattern A
No "TEST"
104
Fisherman's rib 
pg. 139
Use strippers for remainder of piece.
5-1/4
84
88
St. Pattern B
102
Knit/Knit pg. 138

4-3/4
8
96


Transfer back stitches to front bed.



St. Pattern C
100
Stocking stitch pg.138

4-3/4
2
98
No "FORM"

Use double-eyed bodkin to thread length of yarn through live stitches, removing from beds.



L ND -90
20- (+front pushers)




R ND 90
20 (+front pushers)





Return your Passap E6000 to start position - remove strippers, place all needles and pushers in rest, rack handle down, locks on the left, GX/GX.

To make up: Seam side, draw top tight and secure, weave in ends. If desired, attach top pompom.

No comments:

Post a Comment